Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Nebraska at Kearney, 2014-present
Postdoctoral Associate, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2013-2014
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2013
Current Teaching (Spring 2017)
MATH 350-01 Abstract Algebra, MoWeFr 12:20PM--1:10PM, COPH 253
MATH 365-01 Complex Analysis, MoWeFr 9:05AM--9:55AM, COPH 243
MATH 404-01 Theory of Numbers, TuTh 09:30AM--10:45AM, COPH 233
More resources are available at Blackboard.
MWF 1:25PM--2:45PM, TuTh 11:00AM--12:00PM, or by appointment
Previous Teaching at UNK
- Fall 2016: MATH 115 Calculus I with Analytic Geometry, MATH 310 College Geometry
- Spring 2016: MATH 202 Calculus II with Analytic Geometry, MATH 350 Abstract Algebra
- Fall 2015: MATH 115 Calculus I with Analytic Geometry, MATH 123 Applied Calculus I
- Spring 2015: MATH 260 Calculus III, MATH 350 Abstract Algebra
- Fall 2014: MATH 123 Applied Calculus I, MATH 202 Calculus II with Analytic Geometry
Previous Teaching at University of Minnesota
- Summer 2013: MATH 1272 Calculus II
- Fall 2013: MATH 2263 Multivariable Calculus
- Spring 2014: MATH 1372 CSE Calculus II
My research interests include Discrete Mathematics and its conections with other fields.
I received my Ph.D. at the University of Minnesota under the supervision of Professor Victor Reiner. My Thesis is 0-Hecke algebra actions on flags, polynomials, and Stanley-Reisner rings.
I use mathematics softwares such as GAP, Magma, and Sage in my research.
- Hecke algebras with independent parameters, AMS Spring Central Sectional Meeting, Fargo, April 2016.
- Arithmetic without parentheses, Undergraduate Research Opportunities: Mathematics Mini-Symposium, UNK, March 2016.
- Modular Catalan numbers (joint work with N. Hein), Combinatorics Seminar, University of Kansas, September 2015.
- 0-Hecke algebra action on the Stanley-Reisner ring of the Boolean algebra, The 26th International Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics (FPSAC), Chicago, June 2014.
See also my Google Scholar profile and my ResearchGate profile.
I have memtored the following students under UNK's Undergraduate Research Fellows program:
- Jianbai Xu, 2016--2017 (his presentatation in the Undergraduate Research Matheamtics Mini-Symposium)
- Madison Mickey, 2016--2017 (her presentatation in the Undergraduate Research Matheamtics Mini-Symposium)