Program Changes

Students have the opportunity to change their program of study if they determine the course of study they are currently pursuing no longer matches their interests or career plans. Also, students may opt to move to a newer catalog year if they determine the program requirements better suit their needs. Note the catalog year change is final; students cannot move to an older catalog. Before students request a change, they should use the following resources to carefully investigate the new program and catalog year.

  • Meet with an academic advisor to discuss the new major/minor program requirements.
  • Review the appropriate catalog for the new program requirements.
  • Review the degree programs found on the UNK website to understand what is considered a complete degree program.

Students who wish to change their program of study must complete the program change form located in MyBlue under the Forms tab. This online form is for undergraduate students only and is submitted directly to the Registrar's Office.

a screenshot of canvas showing the location of the program change form in the left hand menu under forms

All advisor changes will be processed by the Academic Advising and Career Development Office. Please allow additional processing time for all advisor changes.