Tuition Information

Please read the following information carefully, paying special attention to dates and deadlines. Questions regarding the fee payment procedure should be directed to the Finance Office (308) 865-8524.

Class registrations will not be canceled by the university. Students are responsible for canceling their schedule should they decide not to attend UNK for the upcoming semester. Failure to properly withdraw before the term begins will result in tuition/fees being charged for classes in which the student remains enrolled.

*Subject to Change: All students who register for classes from early registration through the first week of the semester will be issued an email billing statement notification. Paper billing statements are not mailed. Students will access their billing statement on For more information please check Student Accounts.

Students not paying by the bill due date will be assessed late charges. In addition, they will be required to PRE-PAY for future registrations.

Once a student registers for classes, it is the responsibility of the student to cancel his/ her registration should plans change and the decision is made not to attend UNK that semester. Students who remain registered in classes once the term begins, will be charged full tuition and fees for courses in their schedule.

Students who drop classes and/or withdraw from the university after the term has begun may be eligible for a refund according to the schedule below.

Students who are permitted to register after the first week of the term will be required to pay all tuition, fees and related charges in full at the time of registration.


Students who complete the drop/withdrawal process for one or more full semester classes may be eligible for a refund. See the Refund Schedule for refund information when dropping a class. Short term classes will follow a prorated refund schedule. A class cannot be dropped past the mid-point of the class. Questions regarding Tuition, Fees or Payments should be directed to Student Accounts located in the Finance Office, Warner Hall - (308) 865-8524.

UNK reserves the right to request cash from students who write checks which are returned unpaid and to require pre-payment when an account is consistently delinquent. All previous bills owed to UNK must be paid before a student is permitted to register.

Students are responsible for the payment of additional costs (outside agency collection costs, legal fees or court costs) that are required for the collection of their student account balances at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

University Housing/Meals

Rates for rooms in on-campus residence halls, apartments in married-student housing, and for meals served in the Student Union can be obtained by contacting the Residence Life Office in Conrad Hall.


In order to be certified by the Veterans Administration, the VA Representative must have the exact beginning and ending dates of classes for which the student is registered. After the student determines the classes to be taken, it is necessary to inform the UNK VA Representative in the Financial Aid Office, Memorial Student Affairs Building.

See Also

University of Nebraska Kearney Appeal Procedure-Drop Policy and Change of Schedule (Drop/Add).

How do I receive my bill?

MyBLUE ebill is an online billing and payment system that allows students to view bills, print bills and make payments online with Electronic Check, MasterCard, American Express, Visa, or Discover. All billing notifications will be sent to the student's UNK email account when an e-bill is available in MyBLUE. Students are encouraged to check their email account regularly. The system is convenient, easy to use, and secure.

If someone other than you pays for your tuition, you can send them a copy of your bill. The bill will be in PDF format. Save a copy of your bill on your computer and send it as an attachment via email. You can also print out your bill. Parents will not be notified of the billing, this will be your responsibility.

Why do I have a hold on my account?

A hold will be placed on your student account if payment is not received on the due date. The hold will prevent you from registering, obtaining a transcript or making a change to a class schedule. The hold will remain until the financial obligation has been met. Please call Student Accounts to resolve any questions regarding your bill. (308) 865-8524.