How to Apply for a Certificate or Permit

  1. Apply for a Nebraska certificate or permit through Nebraska TEACH.
  2. Order a UNK transcript for the Nebraska Department of Education. Your transcript should be sent directly to: Nebraska Department of Education, Office of Educator Certification, PO Box 94987, Lincoln, NE 68509-4987.
  1. Learn your state’s application procedures by contacting your state’s Department of Education Office or by viewing their website.

  2. If your state requires forms from UNK, send the state’s forms and a consent form to the Educator Certification Office.

  3. If UNK transcripts are required, follow the instructions at this link.