Submit Official Transcripts

In order to complete your admissions application, transcripts from any current or previously enrolled institution must be submitted. UNK cannot request these documents for you. All official transcripts must come directly from institutions. If they come directly from you, they are not official and will not be used.

Freshmen/First-Year Students

  • At the time of application, students will be allowed to self-report high school coursework and GPA, and encouraged to upload a sixth semester (end of junior year) transcript.
  • Upon graduation, your “official final” transcript reflecting graduation date and a cumulative GPA is required. Ask your high school to send it to UNK.
  • If you took any courses that resulted in college credit, ask your institutions to send UNK your official transcripts.
  • A significant discrepancy between your self-reported transcripts/GPA/test scores and your official transcripts and scores could result in revocation of your admission and/or scholarship awards.

Transfer Students

  • Contact the Registrar’s Office at all institutions where you were previously enrolled (including your high school) and request your “official final” transcripts be sent to UNK.
  • If you are currently enrolled elsewhere the semester prior to attending UNK, request your “in-progress” transcript be sent to UNK. This will allow your admission application to be processed. At the end of your final semester, request that your “official final” transcript be sent. This will allow UNK to award any transfer credit you have earned.
  • Special Circumstance: If you are currently or were most recently attending one of the other University of Nebraska institutions (UNL, UNO, NCTA) completing the Change of Campus Form will automatically request all transcripts and supporting documentation to be sent from your previous University of Nebraska Institution to UNK.

Where to Send Transcripts

Electronic submission of transcripts is preferred whenever possible. Your high school and other previous institutions can send documents to us at

Transcripts may also be sent via mail to: MSAB – UNK Admissions Office, 2510 11th Ave, Kearney NE, 68849.