Academic Advising

Undergraduate Catalog & Major Pages

The Undergraduate Course Catalog will serve as a reference for you during the beginning weeks at the UNK and throughout your university career. We hope the information contained within this catalog will provide answers to your questions about the University; if not, the faculty, administration and staff are always available to answer questions personally. View a list of Undergraduate Catalogs, then click your catalog year to view the appropriate catalog. View career possibilities, alumni stories and four year academic plans for various majors at UNK.

Assigning Advisors

All students at UNK are assigned an academic advisor in the department of their major to work with as they proceed through their academic program. New students are assigned an advisor early in their first semester. Students not declaring a major will be advised through the Academic Advising and Career Development office, or work with another staff or faculty advisor who primarily advises "Deciding" students.

Advisors are initially assigned based on the needs and preferences of the academic department. As students become familiar with their academic program and faculty members, they may request an advisor of their choice.

PASS Program

The Partners Achieving Student Success (PASS) program is designed to develop lines of communication among students, their designated partner (usually parent or guardian) and University staff. By providing information to the student's partner the student can gain a valuable ally in their academic development. Because of Federal regulations (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) services can only be provided to members of the PASS program. You can sign up through your MyBlue or contact Academic Advising and Career Development at (308 865 8501 -

Benefits of the PASS Program

  • Notification of the non-student partner if the student receives an Early Academic Alert.
  • Information about support services available to help students achieve success.
  • Personal Assistance when questions, concerns or problems arise, members may call or email the Academic Advising and Career Development staff.