The Social Work Department at the University of Nebraska at Kearney will prepare competent social work practitioners. Our graduates will be equipped with evidence-based generalist social work knowledge, skills, ethics and values to promote the dignity and well-being of all people within a diverse society.
- Equip students with core competencies for beginning generalist social work practice that enables them to work with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Prepare students for lifelong learning and the application of critical thinking to guide professional decision-making by combining a liberal arts foundation with social work education.
- Prepare students to develop a professional identity, which will incorporate the knowledge, skills, values, and ethical principles of the social work profession that are crucial for the advancement of human rights, and economic and social justice.
- Prepare students for evidence-based practice with diverse and marginalized populations.
- Prepare students as beginning social work generalist practitioners who are engaged in research informed practice and practice informed research.
Social Work Accreditation
The UNK Social Work Department has maintained accreditation at the baccalaureate level by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1982.
View more about Social Work's accreditation.
Social Work Reaffirmation
Reaffirmation is a comprehensive program review that examines the design, implementation, and outcome of program delivery every eight years.
View more about Social Work's reaffirmation.
Social Work Assessment
Please select the document below to access the UNK Social Work Department's Annual Assessment Report.
UNK Social Work Department Assessment Summary 2012-2013