Whether you are on campus, the Kearney community or traveling, please be aware of these safety considerations.
- Try to avoid walking alone at night and stay on well lit main paths when possible.
- Call Police and Parking Service's Safe Walk by calling (308) 224-0853, or (308) 236-2488.
- Stay alert: Be aware of what is going on around you.
- Let someone know where you are going, the route you plan to take and when you expect to return.
- Try to avoid wearing headphones; your ability to hear traffic, strangers, and potential trouble can be restricted.
- Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to UNK Police and Parking Services (308) 627-4811, 911 or an emergency phone located on UNK Campus.
- Secure valuables like wallets and purses in a locked area.
- Always lock the door to your room or office, even if you only plan to be gone for a short time.
- Keep yourself and others safe by reporting suspicious persons immediately to Police and Parking Services.
- Do not leave laptops, bags or other accessories unattended in public areas.
- Lock your vehicle and take valuables such as purses, stereo faceplates, and CD's with you to your room or office. At a minimum, make sure these items are hidden out of sight or secured in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Invest in a quality bike lock and attach it through the spokes and around the frame to a designated bike rack.