The student is responsible for:
1. Knowing his/her admission status, registration procedures and fee payment schedules. Please check all details carefully.
2. Determining course prerequisites or special requirements before registering. Please refer to the course descriptions in the current catalog or contact an academic advisor.
3. Determining with the aid of his/her faculty advisor and/or the major department chairperson, that each course is applicable to the desired program of study.
4. Reading the registration instructions carefully and following prompts provided by the system.
5. Registering for a laboratory section which follows a course that requires both a lecture and a lab.
6. Securing permission from the Office of Graduate Studies & Research when registering for a graduate level course as an undergraduate student or as a first-time graduate student
7. Verification of registration and prompt payment of tuition and fees.
8. Attending correct sections of scheduled classes, including both the first class meeting, to confirm enrollment with instructors and all subsequently scheduled class meetings. Instructors should be notified prior to any scheduled absence. If a student cannot attend the first class period, it is advisable to contact the instructor to confirm registration for the class.
9. Obtaining a Change of Schedule form when adding classes after the open enrollment period. The form is available in the Registrar's Office and must be returned to the Registrar's Office with the appropriate signatures for processing.
10. IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY to refer to their degree audit and schedule of classes in MyBLUE to determine academic program requirements and course prerequisites prior to registration for classes.
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD OR DELETE COURSES FROM ITS OFFERINGS AND TO CHANGE THE MEETING TIMES, LOCATIONS, AND INSTRUCTORS WITHOUT FURTHER PUBLIC NOTICE. BUDGETARY CONSIDERATIONS, FACULTY AVAILABILITY, OR UNSATISFACTORY CLASS SIZE MAY NECESSITATE CANCELLATION OF A SCHEDULED CLASS.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney, an institution of higher education accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and governed by Board of Regents of the State of Nebraska, declares and affirms a policy of equal education and employment opportunities, affirmative action in employment, and nondiscrimination in providing its services to the public. Therefore, the University of Nebraska at Kearney shall not discriminate against anyone based on race, age, color, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or veteran status.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney reaffirms that all women and men students staff, faculty, and administrators - are to be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect. Any form of discrimination including sexual harassment is prohibited. This policy is enforced by federal law and the University of Nebraska Board of Regents policies. The Director of Human Resources monitors the University of Nebraska at Kearney's affirmative action and equal opportunity policies.
Inquires about the Nondiscrimination or Sexual Harassment Policies and Grievance Procedures Relating to Alleged Prohibited Discrimination may be made to a University Representative (i.e. Director, Department Chair, Dean, Vice Chancellor, or HR Director.)
Further information regarding Accreditiations, the Non-discrimination Policy Statement, Equal Educational Opportunity Policy, Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault Policy or Students with Disabilities please click here