• Student in Class
  • Students taking Selfie
  • Students eating

Transitional Certification Program

School Administrators

Make sure that your candidate is qualified to hold a Nebraska Transitional Teaching Certificate before extending an offer of hire; contact the TCP program coordinator at the contact information below to verify.

In order to facilitate the hiring of your Transitional Certification Program candidate, please download and complete the documents listed below and either return them to UNK via postal mail or fax at the contact information provided below.  UNK will then sign and send on to the Nebraska Department of Education.

Transitional Agreement Statement
Transitional Placement Contract *
Mentoring Plan
Documentation of Effort
Contract for Participation 

*Amount listed in contract may be prorated for schools hiring transitional teachers who are in the second or third year of the program.

For more information, contact:
Chilene Black, Coordinator
Transitional Certification Program
University of Nebraska at Kearney
College of Education RM 117
1615 West 24th Street
Kearney, NE  68849
Phone: (308) 865-8056
Fax: (308) 865-8097