Office of Sponsored Programs
The Office of Sponsored Programs is the university’s central office of grant administration. OSP is a partner to faculty and staff in their pursuit of external funding for research, creative activities, pedagogy, and service. Our mission is to make the process of applying for funds (both internal and external) as stress-free as possible. Through consultations, workshops, and individualized searches, OSP helps the UNK community identify funding opportunities and craft competitive applications. We also take the administrative burden off of your shoulders by filling in application forms, drafting budgets, providing boiler plates, editing drafts, and ushering your project from conception to funding.
OSP welcomes the opportunity to serve you in your quest for funding, including the following areas:
- Review of funding publications for academic units and faculty, including our bi-weekly grants bulletin. (Current bulletin) (Previous bulletin)
- Provide faculty with customized searches of potential funding opportunities and provide training in database navigation. Grant Forward
- Draft budget and budget justifications with faculty.
- Complete grant application forms.
- Provide consultations for project development and proposal review.
- Provide boiler plates for standard grant components such as multiple-PI leadership plans, facilities, biosketches, etc.
- Provide examples of funded proposals.
- Provide assistance in securing institutional approvals and signatures.
- Package and mail proposals for faculty.
- Conduct grant writing workshops for faculty & staff.
- Serve as a liaison with external agencies.