Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of Miami (Florida), 2006, (Mentor: Dr. V. Ramamurthy)
M.Sc., Inorganic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India, 2001 (Mentor: Dr. R. Murugavel)
B.Sc., Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai, India, 1999
Organic and inorganic supramolecular chemistry, photochemistry, host-guest chemistry, green chemistry, micelles, cavitands, binding interactions, toxic metal ion sensing and extraction.
2012-Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
2009-2012, Assistant Professor, Western New Mexico University, Silver City, NM
- “γ-Cyclodextrin Mediated Photo-Heterodimerization Between Cinnamic Acids and Coumarins” Aspen Rae Clements, and Mahesh Pattabiraman. J. Photochem. Photobiol., A., 2014, (In Press).
- "Regioselective photodimerization of pyridyl-butadienes within cucurbituril cavities" Murthy V. S. N. Maddipatla, Mahesh Pattabiraman, Arunkumar Natarajan, Karan Srivastava, Joel T. Mague, and V. Ramamurthy. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2012, 10, 9219.
- “Dynamics of Apolar Guest Solubilized in Bile Salt Micelles: Photochemistry of Acenaphthylene as a Probe to Understand the Supramolecular Characteristics of the Aggregates”. Nick Carter, Mahesh Pattabiraman*, and Luis Albert Arias. Am. J. Chem., 2012, 2(3), 131.
- “Speciation, Formation, Stability and Analytical Challenges of Human Arsenic Metabolites”. Lucy Yehiayan, Mahesh Pattabiraman, Konstantinos Kavallieratos, Xiaotang Wang, Lawrence H. Boise, and Yong Cai. J. Anal. At. Spectrom., 2009, 24, 1397.
- “Preorientation of Olefins Toward a Single Photodimer: Cucurbituril-Mediated Photodimerization of Protonated Azastilbenes in Water”. Murthy V. S. N, Lakshmi S. Kaanumalle; Arunkumar Natarajan, Mahesh Pattabiraman, and Vaidhyanathan Ramamurthy. Langmuir, 2007, 23, 7545-7554.
- “Regioselective Photodimerization of Cinnamic Acids in Water: Templation with Cucurbiturils“. Mahesh Pattabiraman, Lakshmi S. Kaanumalle, Arunkumar Natarajan, and Vaidhyanathan Ramamurthy. Langmuir, 2006, 22, 7605-7609.