Finals Week Policy
Approved by Faculty Senate - March 7, 1991
Finals at UNK will be scheduled Monday through Thursday during the last week of the semester. To avoid conflict with UNL graduation ceremonies, commencement exercises at UNK will normally be scheduled on the Friday of Finals Week.
- Final examinations for full semester classes are to be given at the regularly scheduled examination time only, as published in the official Schedule of Classes, during Finals Week.
- During the week prior to Finals Week, the only examinations that may be given are: laboratory practical examinations, make-up or repeat examinations, and self- paced examinations.
- Projects, papers, and speeches scheduled for completion during the last week of classes must have been assigned in writing by the end of the eighth week of the semester. This refers to the project and its scope, not the topic.
- Complaints about failure to follow the above outlined procedures should be made immediately to the appropriate department chair, dean, or the Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs Office, if necessary.
- Any course not having an examination during Finals Week will meet under the directions of its instructor during the scheduled (Finals Week) time period for a continuation of regular class work.
- Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Dean on the basis of good and sufficient reasons submitted to the Dean in writing.