Transferring Dual Enrollment Credit

UNK credit hours may be transferred to other colleges and universities and may apply toward degree requirements or elective credit. However, UNK does not guarantee course recognition on behalf of another university.  Students are advised to plan ahead and contact each university or college the student may be planning to attend to determine specific institutional policy regarding dual enrollment credit before registering. The University of Nebraska at Kearney is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and generally, course credits are accepted by other member colleges and universities accredited by this agency.  Some universities may have a general statement on their website regarding transfer of credit.

5 Important questions to ask colleges regarding dual enrollment credit:

  1. Does this institution accept Dual Enrollment credit?
  2. If yes, what course (course number and name) would I receive credit for and how would it apply to completion of my degree requirements?
  3. If no, what score is needed on the AP exam to receive credit and what course would I receive credit for and how would the AP credit apply to completion of my degree requirements?
  4. Will I be considered a freshman regardless of the number of credits I bring in?  (Make sure you would still be eligible for all freshman scholarships).
  5. How do the credits I bring to this institution affect the terms and amount of any scholarships that I might receive?

When you apply for admission to a postsecondary school, you will be required to provide a UNK Transcript showing the dual credit earned during high school. Typically, only official sealed transcripts from each college/university previously attended will be accepted for awarding transfer credit. 

Official Transcripts are available in a paper format or an electronic format. Review Transcript Request Policies for a complete guide to obtain your official transcript. You may request an official transcript through MyBLUE.

Note - Transcripts are not issued until all outstanding accounts with the University of Nebraska at Kearney are paid in full.  

Contact Information:
Phone: 308-865-8527