Student Privacy

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) And Families of Dual Enrollment Students/Postsecondary Records        

Students who are enrolled in courses at both a high school and a postsecondary institution provide a unique situation. While the rights under FERPA belong to the parents with respect to high school records, these rights belong to the student with respect to the postsecondary records. The student can give express written permission to the parent to access his/her education record by contacting the Office of Student Records. Please note that there are separate release forms for each individual office. Students also have the ability to grant Guest Access under Profile in MyBLUE to allow a parent or guardian access to education records. UNK strongly encourages parents of Dual Enrollment students to respect the student’s ownership of his or her education record at the college level and seek ways to gain information while safeguarding the student’s rights and responsibility. 

For more details, please review the complete FERPA policy.

If you have questions, please contact:

Office of Student Records
Warner Hall - UNK
Contact Information:
Phone: 308-865-8527