Financial Aid and Scholarships

Federal Financial Aid is not available to students who are taking college credit while attending high school.  Contact your school counselor for information on scholarship or financial aid opportunities for high school students participating in Dual Enrollment courses.


Authorized by the Nebraska Legislature in 2007, the Access College Early (ACE) Scholarship Program pays tuition and mandatory fees for qualified, low-income high school students to enroll in college courses from Nebraska colleges or universities, either through Dual Enrollment or early enrollment agreements with these institutions. High school students may apply for funding under this program by completing the ACE Student Application, which is reviewed by the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education for award.

To qualify for the scholarship, the student or student’s family must be approved to participate in one of the federal need-based government programs listed below, have experienced an extreme hardship that affects family income, or be participating in a designated Career Education program as established by the Nebraska Department of Education.

  • Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Special Supplemental Assistance Program (WIC)

The student must provide documentation verifying approval to participate in the program or of the hardship.

Students that do not have legal status in the United States, including those that have been granted DACA status, are not eligible to apply for the ACE Scholarship based on state law.

Go to for more information.

Contact Information:
Phone: 308-8865-8527