The University of Nebraska - Kearney has had many traditions throughout its history that became yearly highlights in the campus community. Some of these traditions remain unchanged and yet some of them were transformed over the decades. The Blue & Gold Community Showcase is one of the University's long-standing traditions that still takes place each year in the Fall. Also known as Blue & Gold Day, the Blue & Gold Community Showcase is a one-day event which celebrates the beginning of the UNK academic year with food, prizes, and quality entertainment provided by campus organizations and community businesses. The event proudly welcomes new freshmen, returning students, parents, and alumni back to campus. As the University of Nebraska - Kearney continues to progress on all fronts, in terms of both physical construction projects and evolving best-practices standards in academics, the Blue & Gold Community Showcase will always be held to celebrate the progressive accomplishments and preserved, storied traditions of the University.
Would you like to feature your Kearney area business or UNK student organization in the 2013 Blue & Gold Community Showcase? If so, please complete and send in the entry form below, by noon Wednesday, August 21st. Priority deadline to reserve a table is August 1. Typically, booths needing electricity or special accommodations have to be registered prior to the priority deadline date in order to be able to meet accommodations. The Blue and Gold Community Showcase map and booth assignments will be available to be viewed on Thursday, August 22, 2013.
UNK student organizations, offices, and area businesses can register to reserve a booth by clicking SIGN-UP HERE.
Check this page frequently for updated information with regard to table placement/numbers and maps detailing first aid stations, restrooms, etc.
Set up for the 2013 Blue and Gold Community Showcase is from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be two check-in locations. One will be located on 26th Street and 9th Avenue under the University View (Nester North and Nester South Halls). The second will be located at the parking lot near the Calvin T. Ryan Library, off of Highway 30. If you wish to go directly to your booth, you may visit this website to find your location on Thursday, August 22.
- Accommodations are limited; therefore, entries are subject to UNK approval. If you have a special request please contact us to make arrangements.
- Space is not available for vehicles or large/heavy items.
- Electricity is limited and generally not available after priority date of August 1. If you need electricity, please bring an extension cord.
- One table and two chairs will be provided for each booth.
- Booths should be set up by 4:30 p.m. and taken down by 8:30 p.m.
- Food that is given away must be approved in advance by UNK.
- Alcoholic beverages and promotion of alcoholic beverages on t-shirts, hats, brochures, etc. is prohibited.
- Priority may be given to early applications.
- The exchange of money and/or signing of contracts of any kind is prohibited. (Signing consists of any agreement where the student gives their signature for a financial arrangement, including but not limited to: credit agreements, financial accounts and/or service agreements).
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Weather announcements will be posted on this website.
- Booths can be taken down after 8:00 p.m. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Office of Student Life at (308) 865-8523.