Adding a table to a page allows you to align text with images, create image galleries with properly spaced pictures or add images with space below them for captions. Adding a new table to a page can be done with the following:
1) With your cursor blinking in the area you want your table to appear, click the "Table" button in the button bar and select the number of columns and rows or select "Table Wizard" from list that appears.
2) Select the table properties tab and adjust the table properties as needed:
- Size: Enter the number of rows and columns you want to start with.
- Layout: Enter a percentage or pixel width for the table, or Not Specified for one that adjusts to your content automatically. You can also change the Horizontal Alignment here, adjusting how text wraps around your table.
- Borders: Give your table a border size (or 0 for no border), cell padding, spacing and a border color in this area. Checking the box next to "Use Default Color" will reset the border color.
- Custom Background: Set the background color for your entire table. Checking the box next to "Unassigned" will remove the color from the background.
3) Click the OK button and your table will be added to your page.
Once your table has been created you can add or remove rows or columns at any time.