To create a web link from your Ektron page to another website that is not hosted at UNK we suggest that you use the "New Window" target frame option noted below. This will open your link in a new window for your viewers, allowing them to navigate in the new site as needed but always have your original website page open in the background when they are finished. To create a link to another page within Ektron use these instructions.
1) Type the text on the page that you want to turn into a link. In this case, the words "Blackboard Home" are used.
2) Highlight the text and click on the "Hyperlink" button in the Ektron menu bars.
3) Enter the web address (or URL) of the page you want to link to in the "Link:" section of the box that appears. The "http://" text is already provided for you. In this case, we enter "http://blackboard.unk.edu" as the text.
4) Click the triangle at the end of the "Target:" menu and choose "New Window (_blank) from the available options. This opens the link in a new window when a viewer clicks on it.
*Note: To remove this option at a later time you must highlight the "New Window (_blank)" text in the available box and press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
5) Click the OK button to activate your new hyperlink.
*Note: You can test your links by first Publishing the page and then clicking on the link inside the Ektron preview screen OR by visiting the page on your website and testing it there.