On-Campus Non-Work Study Positions
To search for on-campus employment opportunities, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the UNK Employment Opportunities webpage. Once there, select the highlighted “Applicants” heading.
- At the left side of the screen, select “Applicant Login.” Click “Create an Account,” and then complete the required information to set up your account and build your job application.
- After creating your account, click “Job Opportunities” on the left side of the screen under “Applicant Login.” You will see a listing of all current job openings at UNK. Scroll to the bottom of the list and look for positions designated as “Student Worker” in the “Employment Type” column. Please note that student worker jobs may not always be available depending on the time of year.
- When you find a position that interests you, click on the position title. Then, in the upper right corner of the page, click “Apply.” If you are still logged in, you will be directed to your account page. Click the hyperlink with the position name, and attach the job application you completed in Step 2. Remember, you can create new job applications for different jobs or use the same application for each job. The application(s) you have created can be edited or deleted as desired.
Note: After applying for an on-campus student worker position, you may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your account. After logging in, you will be able to check the status of positions you applied for as well as edit, delete or create new applications.
Note: The timeframe for the review of your application and the hiring process in general will vary depending on the specific position and department to which you apply. At the start of the fall semester, some departments may be just starting to look at their applications while other departments may have already made their hiring decisions. Other departments may continue to open job postings throughout the first 6-8 weeks of school. New jobs often become available at the beginning of each spring semester as well.
Off-Campus Non-Work Study Positions
Off-Campus Non-Work-Study positions provide possible job opportunities for UNK students to work within the Kearney Area Community to those who are looking for a part-time, seasonal or year-around job.
To search for an off-campus non-work-study position, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Off-Campus Non-Work Study positions webpage.
- Positions will be broken down into different categories based upon the type of job.
- When you find a position that interests you, follow the instructions on how to apply for that position.
Child Care/Tutor Directory
UNK Students may request to be added to Student Employment Services' Child Care and/or Tutor lists.
The Child Care list is sent out to individuals who request the list and are in need of students who would like to care for children, typically on a temporary basis. The list will include students' names, phone numbers, availability, and brief summaries of experience. To have your name added to the child care list please complete the Child Care form
The Tutor list is sent out to individuals who request the list and are in need of students who would like to tutor in various subjects and levels of difficulty. The list will include students' names, phone numbers, availability, and subjects available to tutor. To have your name added to the Tutor list please complete the Tutor form
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of our Child Care or Tutor List please email email@example.com
Kearney Area Employers
We appreciate your interest in hiring a UNK student. UNK's Student Employment Services advertises part -time and seasonal job opportunities available in the Kearney community. Posting a position with us is a FREE service.
All job postings must first be submitted to Student Employment Services for review. Please complete the job posting form
to submit a position.
We use the following criteria in reviewing positions for postings:
- All employers must provide complete contact information, including a complete mailing address, work location, telephone number and the full name of the person we should contact should we have any questions.
- For each position listed, the employer must provide, at minimum, the following information: job title, essential duties of the job, any special skills required, how to apply, hours of work per week required, hourly rate of pay and when the position is available.
Student Employment Services is a federally funded program administered by the UNK Office of Financial Aid. As a recipient of these federal funds, we are required to report certain employment statistics about the students placed through our service. We do not report any specific information about the positions or the employers. We do, however, contact all employers using our service to determine if they have hired any UNK students through our services.
Student Employment Services provides resources which are free of charge to employers and to student job seekers. All hiring and compensation for work performed by student employees is handled directly between the student and the employer. Student Employment Services does not perform background checks on students applying for jobs, nor on employers posting job opportunities. Employers and students are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and overall fit between the employer and the student applicant.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of Student Employment Services. We will not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, disabled or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, and genetic information. Student Employment Services also reserves the right to refuse to post jobs that do not support the interests of the University.
Student Employment Services provides a referral service and makes no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by this office. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. Students are urged to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private off-campus employment. While jobs posted on our website are intended to reach college students, employers must expect that jobs may be viewable by the general public.