The Nebraska Safety Center is pleased to offer driver education courses to your teen.
Passing the course results in waiver of the written and drive test at the driving examiner office. These courses conform to the rules and regulations of the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles and exceed the criteria established for insurance discounts.
The fee for the course is $295.00. To enroll in the course, complete the form at the bottom of this page and return to Nebraska Safety Center as soon as possible with a non-refundable $295.00.
- Payment plans are available upon request. (for more information call Deann at (308) 865-8256).
- Classes are limited to a maximum of 24 students. If your enrollment form is received and the class is filled, your deposit will be refunded.
- Enrollment will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Each student must have a school permit, learner’s permit for a school permit, learner’s permit, or driver’s license.
- If your child has special needs relating to the classroom and driving, please contact us immediately. Special arrangements can be made to accommodate these needs. Please contact the office at (308) 865-8256.
- Students are provided up to 3 hours of on-street driving time. Students requiring more than 3 hours of driving will be charged $50 per hour. If a student schedules a time to drive and is not present for the lesson, that lesson will be rescheduled and an additional fee will be assessed.
- Classroom, range, simulation, and on-street will meet at the Defensive Driving Range on West Railroad Street (308) 865-8173.
- On-street driving times will be scheduled at an arranged time between the students and instructors.
Per Nebraska State rules and regulations relating to LB320 section 010 states, “Students must attend all course presentations and pass all examinations.” There are no unexcused absences allowed (misses for extenuating circumstances only-illness with doctor’s excuse).
Please click on the schedule link below to download and print out the appropriate registration form.
[Note:All Files are in PDF format]
If the course you are looking for is not listed or you need more information, please contact the Nebraska Safety Center at (308) 865-8256, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office at the University of Nebraska at Kearney - West Center