The Nebraska Safety Center is now offering a nationally certified ATV course. This 4 hour class focuses on basic control, turning, navigating obstacles and hills.
Child under 16: $50.00
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the required waiver form for riders who are under the age of 18.
- No previous riding experience is required.
- For the riding portion of the course, students must provide protective gear, which consists of:
- Over the ankle footwear/boots
- Long- sleeved shirt or jacket
- Snell/DOT approved motorcycle helmet at least 3/4 (some available)
- Long non-flare pants (jeans preferred)
- Eye protection (goggles or shield)
- Full-fingered gloves (leather preferred)
- Students will not be permitted to ride without this protective gear.
- Please understand this course is a group learning format. These courses are mentally and physically demanding. Weather conditions can also increase the stress on students therefore students should dress accordingly.
- The Instructor has the final authority in determining if a student shall be permitted to participate in the riding portion of this course.
- Students must attend all ATV and classroom sessions and pass both knowledge and riding skills evaluation to graduate from this course.
- Students do not have to ride ever lesson if they are not comfortable.
- Classes may be cancelled without notice due to inclement weather or other unforeseen problems. Students will receive a full refund in such rare cases. It will be each student's responsibility to reschedule a new class date.
All classes will be held at the Nebraska Safety Center Cope Driving Range and Research Center. Directions to the range are West HWY 30 to 15th Avenue, South to Railroad Street and then west three blocks.
For more information, please contact the Nebraska Safety Center:
West Center, UNK
Kearney, NE 68849-4550
Phone (308) 865-8256 (800) 854-7867
Students with Disabilities or Students Who are Pregnant