Rho Alpha Sigma: Scholarships and Awards
Annual Staff Excellence Award recipients:
Case Hall (2005)
Randall Hall (2006)
Randall Hall (2007)
Annual Scholarship recipients:
Danielle Phillips (2005)
Michelle Theone (2006)
Kelsey Koch (2007)
Kristi Scott (2007)
Keli Margritz (2008)
Rho Alpha Sigma, Alpha Chapter
Resident Advisor Scholarship
Purpose of Scholarship: The purpose for the establishment of the Rho Alpha Sigma, Alpha Chapter Resident Advisor Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for educational expenses to deserving Resident Advisors.
Award: Currently, one $250.00 scholarship is available for disbursement. The scholarship will be awarded annually to individuals at the RA End-of-the-Year Banquet.
Eligible Recipients: In order to be eligible to apply and receive the ΡΑΣ RA Scholarship, candidates must be current Resident Advisors or Assistant Hall Directors at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Further requirements include:
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Being in good standing with the Department of Residential and Greek Life (meaning that the recipient cannot be on academic, judicial, or performance probation).
- Must be at least in the second semester of service to the Department of Residential and Greek Life.
- Must not be a current member of Rho Alpha Sigma (but can have applied for membership). This is to avoid conflict of interest in that voting members of Rho Alpha Sigma, Alpha Class will select the scholarship recipient.
Candidate Criteria: Much like the criteria examined for the induction of candidates into Rho Alpha Sigma itself, scholarship candidates should demonstrate the following criteria (demonstrating all criteria is not required for selection as a scholarship recipient):
- Be a positive academic role model
- Have a positive impact on the floor and building community
- Provide quality input into the staff team (including demonstrating the ability to mentor new RAs and foster a sense of community within the staff)
- Demonstrate activities which go above and beyond the RA position requirements.
Application Process: Individuals interested in applying for the ΡΑΣ RA Scholarship should submit a typed letter of application including the following information:
- Name, campus address, campus phone number
- Number of semesters of service and the name of the buildings in which you served as an RA
- GPA (which will be verified through the Department of Residential and Greek Life)
- Two (2) names and phone numbers of individuals who may be contacted to act as a reference to your performance as an RA.
- A complete description of how you have demonstrated the above criteria.
Please address your letter of application to Danielle Phillips, Rho Alpha Sigma, Alpha Chapter Chairperson, and submit the application by April 4, 2009. The letter may be dropped off at the Office of Residential and Greek Life in Conrad Hall.
Home l History l Chapters l Scholarships and Awards l
Events l Printable Forms l Recognition Items l Prospective Student Members