UNK Laptop Setup
Windows XP is no longer supported on the UNK Network as of April 8th, 2014. Windows XP is also no longer supported by Microsoft and no more updates or bugs will be fixed. This creates a security risk and vulnerability for your computer and the UNK Network if you are still using Windows XP. Please contact the Helpdesk at (308)865-8363 or speak to your Tech to get upgraded immediately.
- Right click on UNKSecure in your wireless status in the bottom right corner.
- Select Connect.
- You will be prompted to Connect to the server and authenticate the certificate.
- You should now be connected to the UNKSecure network.
If you have any issues or problems contact the Helpdesk at (308)865-8363.
Windows 8, 8.1 and RT all recognize that you are connected to a domain and make it very simple to login with having to type in your username and password everytime. It using your Windows Login information to authenticate to the network.
- Click and select the wireless bars in the bottom right corner
- Click UNKSecure
- Make sure you have "Connect Automatically" checked and then "Use my Windows user account" checked
- You will then be connected to the UNKSecure network
If you have any problems contact the UNK Helpdesk at (308)865-8363 or come into Otto Olsen 115.