Facilities Reference Guide
The Facilities Management & Planning department is responsible for maintaining all aspects of campus buildings and physical infrastructure, including construction management, building alternations, repairs and rennovations, grounds, custodial operations, and energy and utility management. In addition, the department manages the University Motor Pool Fleet, event scheduling and Central Store functions. The staff is dedicated to operating and maintaining 49 buildings on 514 acres.
Services found within the department include the following:
- Custodial Operations provides housekeeping, building trash and recycling collection, pest management and interior furniture moving.
- Building Maintenance provides routine, schedule and non-scheduled preventive maintenance of building components, building components fabrication and repair, painting, lock and key control, campus and building signage and small scale building alternations and minor construction.
- Grounds Services maintains a safe and asthetically pleasing environment on 514 acres of landscape and hardscape areas on campus. Services include: turf maintenance, annual planting, tree and shrub maintenance, landscape installations and care, pavement and hard surface maintanence, irrigation installation, operation and maintanence, snow and ice removal, site furniture, assist with campus events set-up and equipment moving.
- Utilities has the responsibility to monitor, operate, maintain, and repair components and systems that provide heating, cooling, water, sewer, and electrical power to all buildings and grounds on campus. Services include: tempature control, electrical distribution, domestic water supply, general repairs, preventative maintenance, and systems inspections.
- Facilities Planning, Space Management, and Construction provides faciltities master planning, space management and utilization, space alternations, large scale building alternations, renovations and construction.
- Additionally, the department is responsible for managing and caring for the Univeristy Motor Pool Fleet, event scheduling, Central Stores and asset disposal and surplus inventory
We in the Office of Facilities Management and Planning are committed to providing the highest level of service to you, our customer. We strive to provide quality, professional service in a expeditious manner. As such, we welcome your comments, suggestions, or thoughts concerning our performance. Please do not hesitate to contact us.