Custodial Operations in Facilities is moving to a new, weekly recycle /trash removal system for offices and conference rooms. This change has been implemented in West Center, Ockinga, Welch, Communication and Founders. We intend to move across campus in upcoming weeks. As mentioned, recycle and trash will be removed once a week. A new large blue recycle can with a smaller black trash side car, will be provided. This is an attempt to focus on recycling and consequently shift manpower away from the time spent in individual offices on a daily basis. Restrooms, classrooms, hallways etc. will continue to be trashed out every day. If you consume food in your office and the trash is not recyclable, please take it to an area close to you that will be dumped on a daily basis. A schedule has been prepared to inform the campus of what day their recycle and trash will be removed.
truly appreciate your cooperation with the progress of this new arrangement.
Where can I find more information about campus recycling and sustainability at UNK?
- UNK Sustainability Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UNKSustainability
Why are you changing my trash schedule?
- This change should help increase the amount of recyclable material that is captured
- We are trying to use our available labor more efficiently.
- Empty regular trash
- Vacuum traffic areas/spot clean carpet
- Dust mop and spot mop hard surface floors
- Clean conference room chalkboards/marker boards upon request
When will you empty trash?
- Classrooms – daily
- Hallways/entries – daily
- Offices – weekly
- Conference rooms – weekly
What do I need to do?
- Please take aluminum cans to labeled containers. Proceeds from recycling aluminum cans go to Staff Dependents’ Scholarship Fund
- Throw recyclable materials in the larger blue container: plastic bottles, paper, etc.
- Throw trash in the smaller black sidecar (Facilities staff will remove this material weekly)
- Throw organic materials or containers (banana peels, tuna cans) in containers that will be emptied daily (rest rooms, hallways)
When will this change take place?
- Pilot programs in West Center and Founders have started
- All academic and administrative areas will be participating by March 2013
02/18/2013 - WSTC, CMCT, OCK, WELCH, FAC, GSB, MONA, ALUM
02/25/2013 - BHS, FNDH, COPH
03/04/2013 - THMH, LIBR, MSAB, FAB
03/11/2013 - COE, CUSH, HSC, OTOL
03/24/13 -Res-life Offices
Wednesday-405B, 405C, 405D
Thursday-170,171,172,173,415,415A, 415B, 066
Friday-409A, 409B, 411D, 411E, 413A, 413B
Thursday: 1st. Floor center offices
Friday: 1st. Floor west
Wednesday-HPI, Cushing hallway north
Tuesday-Westside circle offices
Wednesday-Music, Art, and Dean’s office
Thursday-Music east of the circle, Art wing hall
Friday-Art wing classroom offices
Monday-100,102,102A, 103,104,104A, 104B, 107,107A, 108,108A, 110
Tuesday-Hall of Fame offices
Monday-2nd floor offices
Tuesday-1st floor east/west hall
Thursday-1st floor north/south hall
Tuesday-2nd floor offices
Thursday-1st floor offices
Wednesday-Garden level 3rd and 4th floor offices