- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Custodial operations provides building access, housekeeping, light bulb replacements, building trash collection, building recyclable collection, interior building furniture moving and special events setups, building pest control, and service contract compliance.
Custodial operations is the largest shop within Facilities and provides daily cleaning and specialty services to over 40 buildings and 1.6 million square feet of academic, administrative, athletic, residential and auxiliary space. The role of each custodian is critical to the operation and upkeep of the facilities of UNK. Each custodian will have daily contact with the UNK Community and it is imperative that each person be a professional and courteous representative of Custodial Services and the Facilities as a whole.
In order to direct our efforts into a unified and focused force, Custodial Operations has established a collective vision, mission and set of core values to guide us in our day to day activities and drive the shops future growth.
It is Custodial Operations vision to be a productive, customer oriented service organization that values and respects all members of the UNK community. We are committed to building and fostering a safe, enjoyable and diverse working atmosphere.
UNK Custodial Operations strives to effectively serve the UNK community in a professional manner and to provide a safe, clean, and sanitary environment, within staffing ability, in which to live, learn, and work. Additionally, it is our mission to build a cohesive work team that supports trust, pride and open communications within the UNK community.
• Safety: Operating under the principle that each of us is responsible for the safety and security of one’s self and all members of the UNK community conducting our business in a manner that is reflective of that belief.
• Service: We endeavor to provide top quality service by recognizing and fulfilling our customer’s needs within staffing ability.
• Integrity: Earning the trust of the UNK community through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency.
• Teamwork: Coordinating our individual contributions into a cooperative effort aimed at fulfilling a common purpose. Each individual is considered to be an integral part of a greater whole and is treated with respect and dignity and expects respect and dignity to be extended to others.
• Excellence: Working diligently to continuously improve Custodial Operations through creativity and innovation under the direction of Custodial Management.
Manager Custodial Operations
Phone: (308) 865-1700
Phone: (308) 865-1700