University of Nebraska Kearney
> Disability Services > Visitors
Primary Contact Person
Cheryl Bressington, ADA Coordinator
Office of Affirmative Action
1200 Founders Hall
(308) 865-8655 TTY
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is committed to providing any reasonable accommodations necessary to allow an individual with a disability to effectively and safely function in the campus environment. The following are the procedures that shall be used to make those reasonable accommodations:
- 1) Individual requesting accommodation should contact ADA Coordinator either in writing or in person.
2) Request should specify type of accommodation needed and where accommodation is needed on campus.
3) ADA Coordinator will forward the request to the appropriate staff member(s) for review.
4) ADA Coordinator will work with individual and staff member(s) to decide a reasonable accommodation.
5) ADA Coordinator will inform individual as to the determination of the request for accommodation.
6) If an individual has questions about parking and accessibility to buildings, please contact Parking Services at (308) 865- 8367. This map link indicates parking and accessible doors. Campus Map (Opens new window)
Graduation Accommodations for Parking:
Visitors with handicap parking permits can park on the East side of the Health and Sports Complex. A map is available on the UNK homepage at www.unk.edu. Family members who are transporting a handicapped individual will have access to drop off the individual on the East side of the Health and Sports Complex, but will need to move their vehicle to another parking lot.
Graduation Accommodations for Seating:
Visitors in wheelchairs can sit in the corner seating sections on the main floor or use the elevator in the Northeast corner of the building to sit in the designated section on the arena floor. Individuals who have difficulties with steps are encouraged to arrive at least an hour early (especially for spring graduation ceremonies which tend to have larger attendance) to have access to seats just below the railings on the main floor or to obtain seating on the arena floor bleachers.
Graduation Accommodations for the Deaf:
If you require this accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at least one month prior to the event so that seating arrangements can be made.