What do I need to do to prepare for the fair?
1) Check Academic & Career Services' website:
2) Visit the Academic & Career Services
- Pick up job search materials such as sample resumes, cover letters, and interview questions; schedule a video-taped practice interview and use the drop-off resume critique service; and establish your Credential File and receive a FREE copy of the AAEE Job Search Handbook for Educators.
- Dress Professionally, bring plenty of resumes, a letter-sized padfolio with notepad and pen, money for food and phone calls, grooming care items and, most important, a positive and confident attitude!!
- Check in at the registration/information table! Pick up a nametag and a list of School Systems attending. School Systems register late or do not show. Watch for signs posted at the Fair to alert you to this information.
- Take a few minutes to review materials and prioritize your list of School Systems.
- Review School Websites for postiion openings. Note that many School Systems do not yet know their staffing needs for the fall.
- Take this opportunity to visit with as many School Systems as possible. Leave your resume regardless of current openings.
- Stop by as many tables as possible.
- Be prepared to interview on the spot!
- Follow-up is the key!!! Be sure to submit application materials and don't forget to send thank-you letters!
- Be sure to check for updated announcements, additions and cancellations the day of the Fair.
- View School Systems attending
- View Position Openings
Please call Academic & Career Services at (308) 865-8501 if you have any questions. See you at the Fair!!