Role of the University of Nebraska at Kearney
Criteria for University Responsibility
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is committed to providing any reasonable accommodations necessary to allow an individual with a disability to effectively and safely function in the campus environment. In order to assist individuals with disabilities, the University agrees:
- 1. To identify an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Committee
- 2. To provide written information that describes the general actions the University is prepared to offer in accommodating individuals with special needs.
- 3. To provide general procedures and access plans.
- 4. To provide an appeal and grievance process.
- 5. To provide a philosophical statement outlining the University's commitment to accommodation of the needs of individuals with disabilities in their employment and other related activities.
Role of the Individual
Criteria for Individual Responsibility
Individuals who wish reasonable accommodation designed for his or her particular needs should:
- 1. Contact, in writing or in person, the appropriate individual to discuss accommodations.
- 2. Participate in the procedure for requesting reasonable accommodations.
Director of Human Resources
Founders Hall 1200
Director of Facilities
General Services Building
Rights and Responsibilities of Individuals with Disabilities
Rights and Responsibilities of the University of Nebraska at Kearney