University of Nebraska at Kearney
Primary Contact Person
Cheryl Bressington, Director
1200 Founders Hall
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is committed to providing any reasonable accommodations necessary to allow an individual with a disability to effectively and safely function in the work environment. The following are the procedures that shall be used to make those reasonable accommodations:
- 1) Employee completes a written request stating the accommodations he/she believes are necessary and permission to release medical documentation. (See "Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form")
- 2) Staff in the Human Resources Department will provide employee with a formal job description outlining the essential functions of the positions.
- 3) The individual making the request for accommodation shall provide health care professional(s) the signed release form for the purpose of requesting medical documentation and assistance in determining the appropriate accommodation(s) along with the formal job description. The health care professional(s) will be asked to fill out a form asking the following information: a medical or psychological diagnosis of the disability; documentation indicating the impact of the disability on major life activities; responses to specific questions concerning the accommodation; any other specific suggestions for accommodations not addressed in the letter or request. (See "Health Care Professional Statement Form")
- 4) Once the response(s) from the health care professional(s) is/are received, the Human Resource Director will create a possible accommodation plan that will be sent to the employee and the supervisor.
- 5) The employee and supervisor should meet as soon as possible after receiving the plan and discuss the accommodation plan. The Human Resources Director is available for consultation about possible accommodation solutions or available technology.
- 6) Once both the employee and supervisor agree upon the plan, the plan should be signed by both parties and returned to the Human Resources Director.