Updating Telephone & Address Information
Landline telephone numbers, cell telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and mailing addresses can be updated by using MyBLUE. Updates to telephone numbers and e-mail addresses will also affect the use of this information by other University departments such as Student Records & Registration. MyBLUE can be accessed through the UNK home page.
Telephone numbers in MyBLUE will be used as follows by UNKAlert!
- Cell – Student’s cell telephone number. This telephone number will be used as the primary telephone number used for UNKAlert! If there is no cell telephone number, the Current/Local telephone number will become the primary telephone number.
- Current/Local – This field can be used for another student’s telephone number or for other telephone numbers of other individuals such as a spouse or parent that the student would also like to receive messages from UNKAlert!
- Permanent – Additional field that the student can use for an additional telephone number of other individuals such as a spouse or parent that the student would also like to receive messages from UNKAlert!
- You can opt-in for text messages by entering your telephone number in the "Campus Alert Text" phone type.
Email addresses in MyBLUE will be used as follows by UNKAlert!
- Campus e-mail – Student’s UNK e-mail address. UNKAlert! will default this e-mail address to the student’s UNK e-mail address.
- Personal – Student’s personal e-mail address. Students wanting to receive UNKAlert! E-mails by both their UNK e-mail and personal e-mail addresses must enter their personal e-mail address in this field.