Assistant Professor of English
Thomas Hall 202F
MFA, Creative Writing, University of South Carolina, 2007.
PhD, English, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2012.
English 805: The Teaching of Composition
English 411: Advanced Writing II
English 311: Advanced Writing I
English 102: Academic Writing and Research
English 100A: English for Academic Purposes
- Style: An Introduction to History, Theory, Methodology, Pedagogy. Forthcoming from Parlor Press, 2014.
- Through the Pale Door. Hub City Press, 2009. (Novel.)
- "ESL Droids: Teacher Training and Americanization, 1919-1924." Composition Studies 41.2 (2013): 15-39.
- "A Progymnasmata for Our Time: Adapting Classical Exercises to Teach Translingual Style." Rhetoric Review 32.2 (2013): 191-209.
- "More Than Just Remixing: Uptake and New Media Composition." Computers and Composition 30.3 (2013): 183-196.
- "Forgotten Radicals: A History of the Term 'Theory' in Three Decades of Writing Program Administration Scholarship." Composition Studies 40.1 (2012)
- "Tim Burton and the Idea of Fairy Tale." Fairy Tale Films: Visions of Ambiguity. Pauline Greenhill and Sidney Eve-Matrix, eds. Login: Utah State University Press, 2010: 198-218.
- "A New World: Revising the Legacy of Min-Zhan Lu." Journal of Basic Writing 27.2 (2009): 106-127.
Download Brian Ray's CV