(For Undergraduates Only)
|Students, after 24 consecutive credit hours of successful work at UNK, UNO, UNL, or UNMC, with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 for these hours may petition the Office of Student Records and Registration at UNK to have either or both of their first two semesters' grades at UNK removed from their cumulative grade point average. If a student has completed more than 24 consecutive hours all of the hours must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA. No other semesters may be considered. Courses from those semesters will remain on the student's transcripts. Academic Amnesty allows students to have either or both of their first two semesters' grades removed from their cumulative grade point average, but their grades from those semesters remain on the student's permanent record. Courses with a grade of "C" or better from those semesters may be used to meet graduation requirements, however, no credit hours or grades will be counted.
- The petition is subject to the following conditions:
- The student shall be at least 6 years removed from the semester or the year to be deleted.
- The student is responsible for initiation of the petition.
- The petition must be approved by the student's academic advisor and the Registrar.
- The semester listing of courses granted amnesty will be marked, on the student's permanent transcript, "Approved for Academic Amnesty."
Students can obtain an Academic Amnesty Form in the Office of Student Records and Registration. The form must then be signed by the academic advisor and the Registrar before Academic Amnesty is granted.
Return to Handbook menu.