Services and Forms
The office of International Education provides the necessary information and assistance to comply with current immigration regulations. In addition, the office counsels and advises students on cultural opportunities, cross-cultural concerns, employment, banking, university system policies, and much more.
As a student What should I do?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service regulations require that UNK maintain accurate, current information on all enrolled international students. Every beginning of session (January and August) and / or any change in citizenship, address in the U.S.A, email, phone, or home address the International Student Information Form (PDF format) should be filled out within the next 10 days of the change.
If you are a new student you should review the Checklist for International Students and do the activities mentioned.
What International Education can do for me?
At the International Student Service Office, students can find Designated School Officials who are authorized to sign and initiate required authorizations in SEVIS, travel endorsements, requests for employment authorization along with other student needs.
Back to Top
Concurrent Enrollment Approval
A J-1 student at UNK may enroll concurrently in two INS-approved schools provided that:
- Through the combined enrollment , you are enrolled for the equivalent of a full course of study(12 hours).
- You are enrolled in a degree program at the institution that issued you the DS-2019.
- Attendance at the other school is with the permission of the UNK RO.
- The coursework at the other school will be accepted for fulfilling degree requirements at UNK.
- You have provided evidence to the RO that you are taking a full course of study.
- Only one course that is designated as distance learning may count toward establishing a full course of study. Of the required 12 hours only 3 hours may be counted from a course designated as distance learning.
Remember: The institution that issues you the DS-2019 is in all respects responsible for all regulatory record-keeping and reporting requirements relating to the student.
Back to Top
Location and Office Hours
2504 19th Avenue
Kearney, NE 68849-5221
Monday - Friday
Office open: 8 am - 5 pm
Phone Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Telephone: (308) 865-8953 Fax:( 308) 865-8947