Ektron is able to manage uploaded files along with uploaded images. The most common file types currently allowed for upload at UNK are:
- PDF: Adobe Acrobat Reader
- DOC: Microsoft Word Document
- PPT: Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation
- XLS: Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
- ZIP: Compressed File Format
Any files uploaded with these extensions are automatically placed in the "files" subsection of the Ektron Library. The uploading process is detailed here:
1) Highlight any text you want to turn into a link to your document. This is the text a viewer of your website will click on to download your files.
2) Click on the Library button in the Ektron toolbar.
3) Enter a Description for the file you are about to upload. It can be the same as the filename of the file itself if that helps you identify it more easily.
4) Click the Browse button to locate the file you want to upload from your computer. Once you have highlighted the file click the OK button to return to the Ektron Library window.
5) Click the "Add Library" button. You will be asked if you are sure you want to upload the file. Click Ok to continue.
*Note: You can click the "Preview" button right next to the "Add Library" button to preview your file before uploading it.
6) The Library window will disappear and your text will become an active link to download your file.
Once your file has been uploaded the first time it can be linked to at any time from any other page through the "files" section of the Ektron Library button.