1. What is DigitalMeasures?
2.Once my information is in the system, how can the data be used?
3.Who has access to the information in DigitalMeasures?
4.Do I have to enter information myself?
5.I can't find a category for 'xxxx.' How do I add a category?
6.Can I attach documents to DigitalMeasures?
7.Do I already have an account?
8.What web browsers will let me access DigitalMeasures?
9.Who do I contact for more help?
1. What is DigitalMeasures?
- Digital Measures is the name of the product that UNK is currently using to collect information about faculty accomplishments and professional activities.
2. Once my information is in the system, how can the data be used?
- The system is designed for an individual to enter items and for that information to be used in multiple ways. The most common expected uses for information in the system would include allowing faculty to generate their annual reports and RPT documentation. Furthermore, UNK is developing other uses that would allow the information to be displayed in a variety of ways to maximize its impact. The following examples are illustrative of the kinds of components that are in or will soon be in development that could capitalize on information contained in Digital Measures:
1) The ability to feed the information on faculty web page bios (e.g., teaching, publications, etc.) directly from
2) Specialized accreditation reports (e.g., AACSB, NCATE, etc.)
3) Annual unit reports
4) Program review reports
Please note that the information in the system is intended to be used for multiple purposes with a variety of potential audiences and should be considered public record. Therefore, anything that might be considered confidential, secure or private should not be entered into Digital Measures.
3. Who has access to the information in Digital Measures?
- Faculty members have access to their own accounts as well as chairs/directors, selected administrators in Academic and Student Affairs, and other individuals within the appropriate deans' offices. Some units have also authorized administrative assistants and/or graduate students to enter items for faculty and they, too, will have access to certain accounts. For any specific information related to this, please contact your College Dean, or the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Megan Fryda at (308) 865-8934 or email@example.com.
4. Do I have to enter information myself?
- Units across campus have chosen a variety of ways to ensure that items are entered into the system. Some units have asked faculty to enter items individually while others have relied on administrative assistants and graduate students to help. The system is structured in such a way that others can be given access to accounts to aid in the entering of information. Some information, such as some Administrative Data and Scheduled Teaching, will be imported for you from SAP and PeopleSoft(MyBLUE).
5. I can't find a category for 'xxxx.' How do I add a category?
- The categories have been set by the software developers based on those most commonly requested by other colleges and universities. Please contact your chair/director if you have questions on where data should be entered.
6. Can I attach documents to DigitalMeasures?
- DigitalMeasures does support the uploading and storage of files related to certain categories. If you come across a category to which you would like to attach a document, but the option is not available, please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Megan Fryda at (308) 865-8934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Do I already have an account?
- Maybe. Try logging in to Digital Measures. If you are having problems, you may need to have an account created, in which case, please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Megan Fryda at (308) 865-8934 or email@example.com.
Chairs/directors and deans can also request accounts to be added for staff members, particularly those that are involved with research and creative activity and/or community engagement activities.
8. What Web browsers will let me access DigitalMeasures?
- Digital Measures is cross-compatible with most modern browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. Internet Explorer for the Mac platform is not supported, however, as it has been discontinued by Microsoft. While Safari 2.0 and greater is supported, it does not support some of the "widgets" (PasteBoard, Rapid Reports) available in Digital Measures. These "widgets" are not necessary for navigating or using the system. Safari is currently the only supported browser that does not support this advanced functionality.
9. Who do I contact for more help?
- Please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Megan Fryda at (308) 865-8934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.