Staff Senate Minutes - August 10, 2004
10:30 a.m., Nebraskan Student Union - Conference Room
Employee of the Month: Sonja Darveau, Finance Office
Department of the Month: Communications Disorders
Directors -- Kathy Livingston
Managerial/Professional -- Brandon Benitz, Cheryl Bressington
Office -- Linda Clark, Dixie Larson, Joni Weed
Service -- Bruce Uden
Ex Officio: John Lakey
Absent: Directors: Audrey Kauders, Deborah Schroeder
Managerial/Professional: Dusty Newton
Service: Katherine Liebhart, Clayton Willis
- Call to order - President, Linda Clark
- Adoption of Agenda with changes of no reports from the Employee Recognition Committee nor the Centennial Committee - approved: Bressington/Weed
- Minutes of July 20, 2004 meeting - approved: Weed/Livingston
- Financial Report - In Kauders' absence, Clark distributed printed Financial Reports with a balance of $1199.09 in the two accounts.
- Correspondence -
- Unfinished Business
- Pepsi Funds - Water for giveaway at Blue and Gold - Weed announced that K-Mart had donated 200 bottles of water, and that she would still check with Wal-Mart. Larson will order clear labels and print "Compliments of UNK Staff Senate" and forward to Weed.
- Banner for Staff Senate - Newton had forwarded an e-mail regarding the cost of purchasing a banner for Staff Senate (5x4 banner - $425.00). Lakey volunteered to talk to a UNK employee whose relative prints banners, etc. for a price quote.
- Committee Reports
- Election - No report
- Employee Recognition Committee - No Report
- Performance Management Committee - No Report
- Procedures Committee - No Report
- Professional Development Committee - No Report
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee - No Report
- Making a Difference Subcommittee - No report
- Mentoring Subcommittee - Benitz reported that the Mentoring subcommittee has ordered 500 cups - 150 will be retained for distribution to current and future mentoring participants. The remaining cups will be sold (orders taken at Blue and Gold) and proceeds will go to the Office-Service Dependent Scholarship fund. Benitz reminded members that Chartwells is offering a $.50 refill rate at all Chartwells fountain locations.
- Information Technology Advisory Committee - No report
- Strategic Planning Committee - No Report
- Centennial Committee - No Report
- New Business
- Blue and Gold - Clark circulated the sign-up sheet for Senators to note their sign-up times. Uden volunteered to cut a barrel in half length-wise and bring with ice at 3:30 on the 20th to chill the bottled water.
- Open Floor - Livingston reported on ideas from another campus regarding ideas for boosting morale on campus. Discussion followed on other ideas including sponsoring a "Donations for Dress-down" on Blue and Gold Fridays with proceeds to go to the Office-Service Dependent Scholarship fund.
- Next meeting - September 21, 2004 - 10:30 a.m. - Nebraskan Student Union Room 310
- Clark urged Staff Senators to attend Faculty/Staff Convocation held August 20 at 9:00 a.m. in the Fine Arts Recital Hall
- Blue and Gold Showcase activities begin at 4:00 p.m. also on the 20th.
- Adjourn 12:05 p.m. Benitz/Weed