Staff Senate Minutes - March 16, 2004
Employee of the Month: Donette Zrust, Residential and Greek Life Department
Directors -- Hamaker, Kauders, Livingston
Managerial/Professional -- Bressington, Kucera, Newton
Office -- Clark, Larson, Ellingson
Service --Lange, Willis
Ex Officio: Lakey
- Call to order
- Adoption of Agenda - Approved
- Minutes were approved
- Financial Report - Approved
- Correspondence - None
- Unfinished Business - None
- Committee & Search Reports
- Election Committee - The Committee reported 45% of staff responded to the on-line voting. Employees nominated for Staff Senate election and not responding were deleted from the election list. Comments on the numerous reminders to vote will be customized to avoid repetition.
- Employee Recognition Committee - No report
- Performance Management Committee - No report
- Procedures Committee - By-law changes were submitted for approval. Changes were in reference to voting on-line and were approved with amendments.
- Professional Development Committee - No report
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee - The endowed scholarship account has enough funds to allow for a $1,000 to be offered next year. John Lakey will meet with Foundation officers to discuss the possibility of using expendable portion of the endowed account.
- Making a Difference Subcommittee - No report
- Mentoring Subcommittee - No report
- Information Technology Advisory Committee - No report
- Strategic Planning - No report
- Centennial Committee - No report
- North Central Steering Committee - On-site visitation scheduled for April 19-21. Accreditation reports will be distributed on campus.
- Shirt Fundraiser - Four shirts have been sold, 20 shirts left to be sold. Cheryl is getting bids for polo shirts.
- Flag Fundraiser - Anita will send out another e-mail and inventory the remaining flags and pole holders.
- New Business -
- Staff Senate Goal Attainment Review - Goals for 2003-04 were achieved and Cheryl requested suggestions for next year.
- Staff Senate Budget Request 04/04 - Cheryl distributed the 2004-05 Staff Senate Budget. Budget was approved excluding the $2,000 Pepsi funding request.
- Request for Pepsi Funds - Cheryl submitted an application to request $2,000 from the Pepsi Funds to be used for SAFE awards. Approved by Staff Senate members.
- Library Dean Search - Staff Senate Executive Committee along with Faculty Senate Executive Committee interviewed three candidates for the Dean of the Library.
- Open Floor - Opportunity for non-members to voice concerns - None
- Next meeting - April 20, 2004 - 10:30 a.m.
Nebraskan Student Union 310.
Newly elected members asked to attend for Election of Officers
- The meeting adjourned at 11:40 p.m.