Dean Bresciani has been Director of the Office of Residential and Greek Life for six years. During that time he has been instrumental in moving the Greek system into an integral position in the department. He has also made the following additional contributions:
- Advanced greatly the technology (computer accessibility) in the residence halls by establishing funding and updating computer labs for student use.
- Implemented a departmental Web page.
- Improved continually the interior and exterior of the residence halls.
- Added successfully the position of Associate Director of the Office of Residential and Greek Life in his office.
- Served as Interim Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Life for six months.
- Taught classes in the School of Business and the Department of Counseling and School Psychology.
- Worked in conjunction with the Counseling Department to improve and implement the Student Life track course curriculum.
- Created a department which recruits exemplary candidates, whose graduates find employment at reputable institutions, and whose staff moves forward to more prestigious positions.
Dr. Dean Bresciani is a major advocate of the "teamwork attitude" on campus and in the Division of Student Life. He is an "idea" person who relishes involving others in the decision-making process. He encourages staff members to become involved in professional organizations and supports their conference travel. He is always on the "cutting edge" of ideas in Student Life nationally. Dean delegates tasks and empowers professional staff to complete those tasks. The Residential and Greek Life division staff members have benefited greatly from retreats he organized. These retreats allowed the staff to generate the mission and goals of the department. Further, Dean Bresciani is always fair and consistent in making decisions affecting both staff and students. Thus, Dean Bresciani has the respect of his staff members. They know they are important because he takes time to know them personally. He meets staff in their own work areas and interacts with them positively. Dean keeps the lines of communications going, both upward and downward, to make others fully aware of the challenges and the accomplishments of the division.
Because of his many contributions to the university through his interaction with students, faculty and staff, and because of his teamwork attitude and professional demeanor, the University of Nebraska at Kearney takes pride in conferring its Employee of the Month Award, February 1998, on Dr. Dean Bresciani.