The Employee Recognition Committee of Staff Senate would like to congratulate the Office of Admissions for the August 2003 Department of the Month award.
The Office of Admissions is committed to the promotion of formal higher education and they believe in the dignity, worth and potential of every human being. Admissions primary focus is in the developmental process of the university's promotional and recruitment communications and activities.
The Admissions staff continually conducts their mission with an attitude that communicates:
- students are the most important people on the campus and without them there would be no need for our outstanding institution.
- students are not cold enrollment statistics, but flesh and blood human beings with feelings and emotions that deserve our undivided attention.
- students are not people to be tolerated so that we can do our own thing - - -THEY are our thing.
- students are not dependent on us…rather, we are dependent on them.
- students are not an interruption of our work, but the purpose of it.
The Admissions staff feels they are not doing students a favor by serving them but students are doing them a favor by giving them the opportunity to do so!
Staff Senate would like to thank the Office of Admission for the outstanding recruitment activities they provide to UNK throughout the year. Congratulations on your recognition of being named the Department of the Month for August 2003 and thank you for a job well done!