The Staff Senate at the University of Nebraska at Kearney would like to congratulate the Facilities Department for becoming the August 2002 Department of the Month.
Congratulations to the entire Facilities Department at the University of Nebraska at Kearney for being named the Department of the Month for August 2002 by Staff Senate.
The entire campus benefits from the efforts of the men and women of this department. We see them cleaning, painting, building, renovating, clearing sidewalks and parking lots, mowing, weeding, and constantly helping our campus be a source of pride for all of us and the community.
During the last year, there have been some very specific highlights of the department:
- The construction of the new College of Education Building and the move of staff to COE.
- The renovation of Founders Hall, second floor, to accommodate the move of Social Work and Math departments along with other administrative offices.
- The constant upkeep and beautification of the campus during this incredibly long, hot and dry summer.
- The help provided on July 1 to make the Celebration a success including putting the tent, tables and chairs up and getting the sound system to the event.
- And finally, the extra help they provide to various offices and departments on campus when a request is made, i.e. Residential & Greek Life for the residence halls.
Because of the dedication to students, to colleagues and to the wider UNK community, the University of Nebraska at Kearney is pleased to name the Facilities Department as the Department of the Month for August 2002!