Staff Senate Minutes - August 19, 1997
Employee of the Month: Lonnie Baxter, Department of Chemistry secretary.
Present: Mike Heffernan, Carleen Jurgensen, Anita Kucera, Kathy Livingston, Bonnie Mumm, Glennis Nagel, Judy Spellman, and John Lakey, ex-officio.
Absent: Marilyn Andersen, Sue Betterman, Sue Downey, Terry Fraley, Jane Sheldon.
Agenda: The agenda was amended (Livingston/Mumm): the agenda was then approved as amended.
Minutes: Minutes for July were approved.
- Staff Senate Bylaw amendments were reviewed and approved. (Livingston/Spellman)
- A presentation on Robert's Rules of Order was tabled until the September meeting. (Livingston/Heffernan)
- Stationery. Kucera reported that she would be getting the new Staff Senate stationery.
- Those present signed a "Thank You" card for Jeanne Cutler for her work on the Staff Senate Web Page.
Staff Senate Committee Reports:
- Election Committee. Elections will be conducted in September. The following Staff Senate members will be completing their terms of office: MIke Heffernan, Carleen Jurgensen, Glennis Nagel, and Bonnie Mumm.
- Performance Management Committee. Two issues, pay for performance and concerns for salary allocations, were discussed relative to the role of the Performance Management Committee. There were questions regarding how the group should respond to pay for performance issues and how Staff Senate could improve the process. Several noted that the employees should receive, at minimum, a cost of living increase. Members were asked to collect the thoughts and ideas of other staff members regarding these issues.
- No reports.
- There was no new business.
- There were no announcements.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 10:20 a.m.