Staff Senate Minutes - September 15, 1998
Employee of the Month: Rodney Ostreicher - Bruner Hall of Science, custodian.
Present: Sue Downey, Rex Kendall, Anita Kucera, John Lakey, Kathy Livingston, Bonnie Mumm, Billy Rayburn, Jane Sheldon, and Judy Spellman.
Absent: Dee Ellingson, Stephen Robinson, Patty Sitorius.
- Call to Order - Anita Kucera, Chair
- Adoption of the Agenda (Mumm/Livingston)
- Minutes of the August 18, 1998 meeting were approved as amended.
- Unfinished Business
- Homecoming Plans - The Staff Senate entry in the parade will be a decorated pickup using the combined themes of "Welcome Home to Kearney, A Proud Tradition" and UNK "I Care." The parade will be on October 17 at 10:00 a.m.
- Committee and Search Reports.
- Search Reports - None
- Elections - Kathy Livingston
The results of the Staff Senate elections have been forwarded to Chancellor Johnston for employee notification. The return on nomination ballots was as follows: Office/Service=36.5%, Managerial/Professional=30%, Directors-50%.
- Performance Management - Livingston
- A draft of the proposal for invitation to breakfast with the Chancellor was reviewed and amended. (Spellman/Kendall)
- An evaluation on the pay for performance will be given next month.
- Recognition - Mumm
Staff Award - Information has been provided to the Foundation Office to establish the UNK Staff Recognition Award account. A special letter with the past history of the staff award will be sent to all employees to encourage participation in funding this award. The UNK Staff Recognition Award account will be included in the upcoming Foundation Campaign drive.
- Procedures - Downey
The updated Staff Senate Bylaws were distributed. Changes were identified and discussed. Finalized copies will be provided to all Staff Senate members.
- OSAC - Downey
Making a Difference at UNK is the seminar sponsored by Office/Service Advisory Council and Staff Senate on Wednesday, October 28, 1998. Information will be sent to all staff members. Participation is encouraged by employees at the entire program if possible. Program topics include "Successful Workplace Relationships," "Humor in the Workplace," and "Dealing with Change."
- Information Technology - Livingston
Feedback on the Information Technology plan was requested by Livingston. The information was distributed before the meeting via email.
- New Business
- Faculty Staff Club - Kucera
Staff Senate will host Faculty Staff Club on Friday, February 5, 1999.
- Parents Day November 17, 1998.
- Annual reports are due by the end of October to Chair Kucera.
- Newly elected members will attend Staff Senate in November and elect their new officers.