Staff Senate Minutes - November 19, 2002
Employee of the Month: Larry Rauert, Exterior Team Leader, Facilities
Directors -- Livingston, Roggasch, Sheldon
Managerial/Professional -- Bressington, Danube, Kucera
Office -- Clark, Ellingson, Jones
Service -- Lange, Willis, Wilson
Ex Officio: Lakey
- Call to order
- Adoption of Agenda -- Agenda approved.
- Introductions, Correspondence, and Minutes of 10/15/2002 -- Minutes approved.
Clayton Willis, Grounds, is the new service representative.
Jane Sheldon, Business Services, is the new directors representative.
- Unfinished Business -- None.
- Committee & Search Reports
- Election Committee -– No report.
- Employee Recognition Committee -- The committee is working on a "reserved" parking space for the EOM. Meeting with the Parking Committee in December.
- Performance Management Committee -- Meeting November 21.
- Procedures Committee - No report.
- Professional Development Committee -- Cookie contest is December 11, Room 312 in the Nebraskan. Next year, Let's Have Lunch will be held four times: February, April, September and December.
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee -- No report.
- Making a Difference Subcommittee -- About 140 attended the workshop on October 22. It was suggested that the committee survey those that do not attend to determine why. Another suggestion was to repeat the sessions so that everyone could attend each session. Panel discussions are not well attended and probably will not be included next year.
- Mentoring Subcommittee -- No report.
- Information Technology Advisory Committee -- A summary of the survey done by John Anderson was distributed. In general, the survey found that students support the use of students fees to expand the use of technology on campus.
- Strategic Planning -– No report.
- Centennial Committee -- Funding has not been set. The Foundation may help with fund raising. The committee wants to get acknowledgement within the State Legislature of centennial celebration.
- Parking Committee -- No report.
- North Central Steering Committee -- The committee met for the first time. There are ten people on the committee. They are deciding how to design the self-study and what subgroups are needed.
- New Business
- Gender Equity Report -- The report generated for the UNK campus has been distributed for review.
- Student Union Availability -- Discussion followed on the times that the businesses in the Union were open. Members of Staff Senate will visit with Chartwells and the VCBF with the concerns that have been discussed. It was suggested that the website include the times that the Union businesses are open and closings for holidays, etc.
- Nebraska Educational Office Professional Association (UNEOPA) -- This group is made up of office professionals (secretaries, etc.) in the education field. Should Kearney have a chapter? Cheryl Bressington and John Lakey will determine if there is an interest for a chapter in Kearney.
- Next meeting December 10, 2002, Room 310, Student Union.
- Cookie Contest December December 11, 2002. Individuals may enter. Each plate/entry should have two dozen cookies of one kind. Judges will be the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors.
- Staff Senate newsletter will be out around November 21.
Adjourned at 11:30 a.m.