Staff Senate Minutes - March 18, 2003
Employee of the Month: Chris Madsen, Child Care Assistant, Child Development Center (conferred earlier).
Directors -- Livingston, Roggasch, Sheldon
Managerial/Professional -- Bressington, Danube, Kucera
Office -- Clark, Ellingson, Jones
Service -- Lange,Wilson
Ex Officio: Lakey
- Call to order
- Adoption of Agenda - Agenda approved.
- Introductions, Correspondence, and Minutes of 2/18/03 approved.
- Unfinished Business
- Committee & Search Reports
- Election Committee -- Staff Senate nominees were to respond to Kathy Livingston or Kristi Milks by noon on March 18 to be placed on the election ballot. Election ballots will be counted on March 28.
The process for electing officers has been changed. John Lakey will email Staff Senate members a list of the current members and the newly elected members. Staff Senate members will send suggested nominees for President, Vice President and Secretary to John Lakey. Nominated individuals will be contacted to see if they are willing to serve. Election of new Staff Senate officers will be at the April 15, 2003 meeting.
The current Staff Senate president (Livingston) and the current Faculty Senate president (Kelley) will remain as the Presidents for the Chancellors Installation May 1 & 2.
- Employee Recognition Committee -- The Athletic Dept. is giving one general admission pass for the year and Sheer Madness is giving a free haircut to the Employee of the Month.
- Performance Management Committee -- No report
- Procedures Committee -- No report
- Professional Development Committee -- Workshop on March 19th on evaluations. April 2 & 12 workshops on preparing resumes. April 9th, Let's Have Lunch in the Ockinga Conference Room - Cabelas. Let's Have Lunch in Sept. will be a golf presentation (changed by the Committee on 3/21/03). December 3, 2003 will be the cookie contest.
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee -- No report
- Mentoring Subcommittee -- No report
- Making a Difference Subcommittee -- Kearney Federal Credit Union will help with food costs. Julie Burney is the Keynote Speaker. The committee is working on getting door prizes. The committee is looking for a new chairperson.
- Information Technology Advisory Committee -- No report
- Strategic Planning –- No report
- Centennial Committee -- March 26th the kickoff for Centennial activities will be in Lincoln.
- North Central Steering Committee -- No report
- Search - Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs -- The committee has made recommendations to the Chancellor.
- New Business
- A handout was distributed on RIF (Reduction in Force) polices, the benefits that are available and websites to access information. Employees affected by RIF get up to three days of Administrative Leave to interview for jobs and first chance at open positions on campus. Staff Senate recommended that a RIF packet be made available for employees. Staff Senate President Kathy Livingston will send a letter to the Chancellor recommending the packet be given to directors and employees affected. She will include the recommendation for staff to get 90 days notice if their position is being cut.
- Letters of Appreciation will be sent to the Antelope Bookstore, Chartwell's, Athletics, Theatre and Sheet Madness for their support of the Employee of the Month.
- Year end committee reports are due by April 1. Committee chairs should send the reports to Kathy Livingston.
- Next meeting April 15, 2003, Cedar Room, Student Union
- Let's Have Lunch, April 9, 2003, Ockinga, Cabela's
- Workshop-Puzzling Performance Evaluation, Noon, March 19, 2003, Oak Room, Student Union
Adjourned at 11:45 a.m.