Staff Senate Minutes - August 12, 2003
Employee of the Month: Ellen Dake, Office of Student Records
Directors -- Kauders, Roggasch
Managerial/Professional -- Bressington, Kucera
Office -- Clark, Larson, Ellingson
Service -- Lange, Willis, Hasbrouck
Ex Officio: Lakey
Absent: Livingston, Newton.
Sue Peterson and Cami Wacker, Co-Chairs of Fall Orientation, talked about the activities planned for freshmen during Blue and Gold Week. Brochures were distributed to Staff Senate members with a list of daily activities and upcoming events during the year.
- Call to order
- Adoption of Agenda
- Introductions, Correspondence, and Minutes of 8/12/03 approved.
Dee Ellingson thanked everyone for the get well card.
- Unfinished Business - None
- Committee & Search Reports
- Election Committee – Dixie Larson reported that Brian Spradlin had been contacted about conducting the election of Staff Senate members electronically. He has forwarded the request to Andrea Childress and Dixie had not received a response at this time.
- Employee Recognition Committee – No report
- Performance Management Committee – No report
- Procedures Committee – No report
- Professional Development Committee - No report
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee – No report
- Making a Difference Subcommittee - No report
- Mentoring Subcommittee - No report
- Information Technology Advisory Committee - No report
- Strategic Planning – No report
- Centennial Committee – No report
Members were reminded of the ice cream social on Sept. 1 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Frank House.
- North Central Steering Committee - No report
- Shirt Fundraiser – Cheryl reported a graphic design has been selected. A shirt will be displayed with the graphic and orders will be taken for white or grey shirts.
- Flag Fundraiser – Following discussion on the price of the flag holder, Staff Senate members voted to set the price of the flag pole holder w/bracket for $10. A committee will be formed to take orders for flags.
- New Business
- Michelle announced that Staff Senate now has a revolving fund account. The President and John Lakey will authorize payments. The Procedures Committee will set up guidelines for the office of Treasurer. Michelle is working with the Chancellor on funds for the state account.
- Michelle met with Roger Jones and Randy Haack to discuss the possibility of setting up an endowed fund for the SAFE Award. To give two $1,000 awards, the fund would need $40,000. Discussion was held on possibility going out to local businesses and solicit funds. The possibility of four (4) $500 vs. two (2) $1,000 awards has been discussed but nothing has been determined to date.
- Staff Senate will have a table set up at Blue/Gold on Friday afternoon. Order forms will be available for shirts and flags. Information on the Mentoring program, Cause for Applause, and any other information will be on display. Staff members should e-mail Michelle for available time to help out at the table.
- Fall Convocation – August 22 (S.A.F.E. Awards)
- Ice Cream Social, Sept. 1, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Frank House
- Next meeting – September 16, 2003 – 10:30 a.m. – Ockinga ConferenceRoom
- The meeting adjourned at 11:35 a.m.