Staff Senate Minutes - December 9, 2003
Employee of the Month: Michelle Cate, Industrial Technology Department
Directors -- Kauders, Livingston
Managerial/Professional -- Bressington, Newton
Office -- Clark, Larson, Ellingson
Service -- Lange, Willis
Ex Officio: Lakey
Absent: Hamaker, Kucera, Hasbrouck
Andrea Childress demonstrated the possibility of using Blackboard for voting on-line in the next Staff Senate election. She demonstrated how students vote for student senators on-line and the results of detail analysis of different sections of the election. Several concerns were brought up regarding confidentiality when voting on-line and how to set up the different groups of office staff and service employees. Discussion was held on the possibility of a survey for all office/service employees. The Election Committee will determine if a survey can be done on-line. A suggestion was made to contact Darren Addy about putting the election on-line since new software has become available and Staff Senate elections may be possible with the new software. The Election Committee will visit with Darren Addy and report to Staff Senate.
- Call to order
- Adoption of Agenda - approved
- Minutes were approved
- Financial Report – The monthly financial report was distributed. No report from the Chancellor on the budget. Eighty-five T-shirts were ordered and 48 were sold with an income of $576. Financial report was approved.
- Correspondence – No correspondence received
- Unfinished Business
- No report on remaining funds.
- Discussion on UNO survey tabled until January.
- Committee & Search Reports
- Election Committee – no report
- Employee Recognition Committee – no report
- Performance Management Committee – no report
- Procedures Committee – no report
- Professional Development Committee – Cookie contest had 14 entries. Discussion was held on whether to continue the contest. Bring suggestions to January 20 meeting regarding contest.
- Office/Service Dependent Scholarship Committee – no report
- Making a Difference Subcommittee – no report
- Mentoring Program - A survey will be sent to non-participants. Clayton indicated he had talked to a new employee about the Mentoring Program and the employee was receptive to the program.
- Information Technology Advisory Committee – Cheryl will visit with Dr. Galen Hadley regarding a Staff Senate representative.
- Strategic Planning – no report
- Centennial Committee – no report
- North Central Steering Committee – There is a website for employees to look at the NCA drafts. Concern was raised that a Staff Senate representative is not listed to review the report in detail. Audrey volunteered to review the report.
- Shirt Fundraiser – T-shirts are available to buy. Cheryl will send out an e-mail in January to employees.
- Flag Fundraiser – Another e-mail will be sent out offering flags as Christmas gifts. The price was reduced to $7 for flag/holder. John will visit with Len Fangmeyer about setting up a table at athletic events to sell flags.
- New Business
- Minutes of all committee reports should be sent to Linda Clark, Staff Senate secretary prior to Staff Senate meetings.
- Next meeting – January 20, 2004 – 10:30 a.m. – Nebraskan 310. Faculty Senate update with Rick Miller.
- The meeting adjourned at 11: 25 a.m.