The Family Studies Program is the January 2006 Department of the Month. The program focuses on strengthening the individual and family in society. Their unofficial motto is "Strengthening Families…One Student at a Time."
Accomplishments of the department include:
· The first Nebraska program awarded certification by the National Council on Family Relations and they are among the first eleven nationwide.
· The number of students majoring in the program has tripled in the last decade.
· Students in the program worked with Chartwells to host the recent “ Lunch for Louisiana “, a benefit to raise money for hurricane victims.
· Graduates of the program currently hold administrative positions in several Kearney community agencies, which are devoted to children and families.
· Many graduates continue their education in Masters programs in counseling, law, social work, and other similar fields.
Congratulations to the Family Studies Program for their contributions to the UNK campus community and for being named the January 2006 Department of the Month.
Thank you to the sponsors of the Department of the Month: UNK Athletics and Staff Senate