- Only those events sponsored by recognized UNK student groups or campus departments or a program or meeting taking place on campus may be advertised by displaying posters on campus. Advertising for other university or community events may be posted only as space allows with permission granted by Approver. All posters must list all organizations sponsoring the event. Advertising for events sponsored by recognized UNK student groups must also be signed by the group's advisor.
- Posters may be 11" x 17" or smaller. Due to the large number of visitors on campus, all posters should be suitable for all ages, and should not suggest, promote or illustrate the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, profanity or imply sexual, racial or any other form of discrimination. Posters not meeting the above criteria or posters that do not have the approval signature will be removed from bulletin boards.
- Person seeking approval to hang a poster on campus public bulletin boards must get an approval signature from their organization's faculty advisor and one of the following approvers:
- Dean, Division of Student Life or Designee (Memorial Student Affairs)
- Director, Student Life or Designee (Nebraskan Student Union)
- Director of Police and Parking Services or Designee (General Services Building)
- Facilities Director or Designee (General Services Building)
- Approver will place a date near signature indicating when the item must be removed from bulletin boards.
- If possible, Approver will scan the poster and email the image to building supervisor(s) and other approvers to alert them that this is a valid signature and to expect appearance of the poster in their buildings.
- Approved and signed poster will be returned to requester, who may then make copies and hang the posters on the various public bulletin boards around campus. Note that some bulletin boards are departmental and not public. Approval is for public bulletin board only. Posters advertising specific events may remain up until the event is concluded, but not more than a total of 30 days. Persons hanging posters will be asked to remove them at the conclusion of event, however Building Supervisors will also be asked to regularly monitor bulletin boards to remove outdated items.
The event to be advertised via sidewalk chalk must be sponsored by an officially recognized UNK student group and held on campus. Recognized UNK student organizations wishing to use sidewalks to advertise organization activities may do so by sending the following information by email or letter to one of the above approvers:
"A sketch of the advertising/announcement as it will appear on the sidewalk. The design must incorporate the student organization's name. The sketch must be approved by the organization's faculty advisor.
"A list of materials to be used. All materials must be water-soluble.
Organizations are encouraged to limit advertising to the Courtyard of the Nebraskan Student Union, however sidewalk advertising may be approved for other areas of campus. Organizations will be subject to clean-up charges for advertising in unauthorized areas.
Advertising may appear on sidewalks for four (4) days prior to an activity. Organization members are encouraged to wash off advertising upon completion of the activity. Advertising can remain for three (3) days after an event. If advertising remains after three (3) days, clean-up charges may be assessed to the organization.
Use of sandwich boards is limited to the Nebraskan Student Union. Use and design of sandwich boards do not require signatures as noted in 1) above, but require approval of Director of Nebraskan. Sandwich boards are subject to all other requirements of this policy.